Being a peer tutor is not just about having high grades. The core philosophy behind Peer Tutoring was that we promote the idea of treating the relationship between a tutor and student as more of a “peer-to-peer” relationship.
That being said, we are looking for people who meet the following criteria:
- Tutors must be patient, friendly, have good communication skills, and be able to connect with others.
- Tutors are expected to be on time for their tutoring sessions with clients, and are required to give at least 24-hours notice if they are unable to make it.
- Tutors are expected to be independent and communicate directly with their client, not expecting others to do it for them.
Now that we’ve explained the expectancies of a peer tutor, here are just a few of the reasons why YOU should consider applying to be a peer tutor with us!
- Flexible schedule compared to almost every other job
- Pays nearly double minimum wage (Canada’s average minimum being $12.63 per hour, our tutors charging $25.00 per hour)
- Opportunity to work in a comfortable and private environment
- Opportunity to gain experience teaching and working with your peers
- Peer tutoring is an excellent job for a resume or university application